Northern California Real Estate
Northwest Sonoma County and Southern Mendocino County
Recreational And Estate Properties
We have been doing this since 1976
1717 Moclips Drive, Petaluma
A very nice 4 bedroom, 2 bath, single story 1768 sq. ft. home in the Miwok Manor Subdivision, one of the nicest areas of east Petaluma.
From Hwy. 101, take E. Washington, turn left on Maria Drive, right on E. Madison, left on Janet Street and right onto Moclips Drive.
East Petaluma, which is a major bedroom community for thousands who work in San Francisco, Marin County and other cities of Sonoma County. It's 35 minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge, 20 minutes to the Larspur Ferry or San Rafael-Richmond Bridge, 20 minutes to Santa Rosa and 25 minutes to Sonoma. It's a good home base for almost any destination in the North Bay.
Was built in 1977. There have been only 2 owners. The original owner in 1977 was a contractor and builder of the Miwok Manor Subdivision. He soon sold to the property to the last resident owner, a widow and artist ("Joan"). Joan lived in the house, mostly alone, for the remainder of her life. Joan took great joy in maintaining her home, her belongings, her art work, and her gardens. This home reflects her decades of care for the property. Her skills at growing roses and landscaping are evident in the front and back yards.
This 4 bedroom, 2 bath home, with a formal dining room, living room & family room was intended for occupancy by a large family, but the reality is that Joan lived here mostly by herself for about 35 years. It is unusual to see a 1977, subdivision house with few signs of wear and tear. With a few exceptions the surfaces in all rooms look like recent construction. All interior rooms of the house have been recently painted. There are no pest control or wood destroying organisms issues. Home inspection, Structural Pest Control inspection and Natural Hazard Disclosure reports were obtained from Home Guard, and are available when the property is in escrow.
Nice things about the house:
1. The floor plan is one of the best I have seen. There is an "open and warm" feeling in the kitchen and adjacent family room, which has a fireplace (for wood but also plumbed for natural gas), and a sliding glass door onto a large concrete patio area, and the back yard. This was where Joan's family gathered. The family room also has a very convenient door to the attached garage. The tile in the kitchen and carpeting in the family room are in fair condition. The kitchen has a double sink with an in-sink disposal. There is a dishwasher.
2. The original construction windows, and the sliding glass door were replaced by modern dual-pane products. The result is a an energy efficient home that's comfortable all year.
3. The front and back yards. The front has many of Joan's sacred roses, shrubs and a small lawn. It's low maintenance and has a neat and clean look. The backyard has a large concrete patio adjacent to the family room and kitchen. It's covered by a large wooden pergola. It's a great place for an outdoor meal/party. The landscaping is mature and nicely maintained. The perimeter wood fencing is tall, freshly stained, and looks like recent construction. Overall, it is a very private and pleasant place where a family would gather.
4. The 2-car garage is very large. The washer/drier hookups are there, the water heater, a work bench, and plenty of extra room for storage. There is a very convenient door from the garage to the kitchen/family room. A resident can drive into the garage, close the garage door and bring goods into the house without dealing with weather & the dark. The garage door is automatic, and yes, the remote is in the possession of the sellers and it works just fine. The garage interior is finished with sheet rock. There is also a door from the garage to the walkway on the west side of the lot which provides access to the backyard.
5. There are spacious closets in all bedrooms, and the hallways. The master bedroom has a nice vanity area, and a large walk-in closet. If you need closet space, this house has plenty.
6. The master bedroom and adjoining vanity/bathroom are spacious. I would make it better by replacing the existing window to the back yard with a sliding glass door. The walk-in closet has access hatches to the attic and sub area.
Is close to everything: shopping centers, schools, parks, medical care, freeway access, etc. One of the truly great aspects of this street is that there is no thru traffic. That traffic and resulting noise is a few blocks away. The street is wide. You feel safe there, and it's nice and quiet, except for occasional aircraft noise, but you have quick and easy access to everything. The houses on Moclips are nicely maintained. The neighbors are friendly, and they miss Joan.
Are Joan's adult children and the successor trustees of Joan's trust. They live in other communities and have decided it's time to sell Joan's house.
The sellers understand that a moisture barrier was placed in the sub area sometime in the long ago, together with a sump pump. However, neither seller can recall an instance when the sump pump was needed. There is no evidence of moisture intrusion from the sub area.
The roof is composition and in fair condition. It is believed to be the second roof. There is no known problem with a roof leak.
All furniture/appliances inside the house & garage are negotiable, as are the portable flower arrangements and landscape figurines in the backyard. If these items are not sold, they will be removed by close of escrow.
Many of the interior rooms have wall-to-wall shag carpeting. It's more than 30 years old. It's still there because it had far less wear than normal when Joan was the only occupant. It has not been removed because the buyer should make the decisions as to carpeting & floor coverings. The price was set with this in mind.
$ 499,000.00. Based on comparable recent sales, and the good condition of Joan's house and yards.
Joe White is the Listing Agent:
Leonard C. Curry is the sellers' attorney:
State Bar # 76170
(Leonard Curry is a relative of the sellers, and is also a real estate broker, BRE 01237959)
The statements Provided herein, while not guaranteed, are secured from sources we believe to be authoritative. In other words, we try hard, but we are not perfect.
P.O. Box 728 -
Healdsburg, CA 95448
Tel: (707) 431-2151 -
Fax: (530) 566-0356
Copyright © 2014 by Joe White. All Rights Reserved.
Site designed and maintained by Ed Striepeke